January 21, 2011-According to reports one worker died while trying to help two other workers. The Friday morning accident that caused the death of one person occurred when he was trying to help two other colleagues that fell unconscious when they were overcome with ethanol fumes.
At the time of the accident they were cleaning blood plasma from a container at Atwater Village pharmaceuticals. According to Los Angeles Fire Chief Jaime Moore two employees were transported to Baxter Healthcare at 4501 W. Colorado Boulevard. The third employee was also transported to the facility and his identity was not released pending notification of the next of kin. Wrongful death law indicates that this could be headed towards a lawsuit.
The firefighters and paramedics were arrived at Atwater Village just prior to 4:00 a.m. and found two men collapsed inside of the container. A third man was collapsed outside of the container and unconscious. Firefighters became aware of the fumes and recognizing the threat wore protective clothing and breathing equipment, while removing the men from the container.
According to Chief Moore the employees were using a detergent to clean the blood plasma from the container that ethanol was used as a separating agent for the blood plasma when they were overcome by the fumes. An employee outside of the container called 911 and then entered the container to help the two employees when he was overcome by the fumes.
Do you want a construction accident attorney? There are many situations where you
will need one.